Internet Sales Policy
BFM Europe Ltd is fully aware of the benefits offered by the internet as a method to promote and market products to a much larger audience than has previously been possible through normal advertising channels, and as such we clearly understand the reasons
However, BFM does not in anyway condone or support the direct selling of any of our products via retailers’ websites, for the following reasons:
- The purchase of a gas or solid fuel fire is often complex, and the right appliance needs to be chosen to fulfil the varied requirements of each individual customer and their home.
- All independent stockists appointed to sell Kinder, Verine, Flavel, Global, Celsi and Portway products; have been specifically chosen because of their great wealth of knowledge and experience of the domestic fire market.
- All independent stockists are fully trained in the features, benefits and specification of each BFM manufactured product in their showroom.
- Domestic fire retailers are often able to offer extra services to their customers, such as installation and annual services*, this is not normally offered when purchasing a product online often leading to installation problems.
Therefore, we feel it is vitally important that the purchase of any heating appliance manufactured by BFM Europe should be made from with-in a specialist showroom environment to enable the retailer, at the point of sale, to clearly identify the needs of each individual customer and assist them in choosing the fire that best suits their individual requirements and installation criteria.
* Annual services are required as part of the terms and conditions of all our extended guarantees.